Friday, August 8, 2014

parallels

6 years ago...
...i woke up exhausted, but ready to face the day
...i held gorgeous flowers in my arms
...i put on a dress that i spent months picking out
...i spent hours getting ready
...at the end of the day, i drifted off next to the man of my dreams and my best friend

today...
...i woke up exhausted, but ready to face the day
...i held gorgeous babies in my arms
...i put on clothes that i picked out of a pile on my bedroom floor, and hoped they were clean {enough}
...getting ready?  what's that?  
...at the end of the day, i'll drift off next to the man of my dreams and my best friend
so...there may have been a few changes, but i wouldn't trade them for the world
today, we celebrate 6 years of being us
and i am thankful for everything the Lord has done in our lives
for the man that he has given me
for the children that he blessed us with
for the trials we've worked through
for the joys we've shared
God is good

happy anniversary, love!

*photos by the amazingly talented (and hilarious!) James Moes*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips