Saturday, September 24, 2011

Two

So I might have lied in my last post on here.  Not on purpose, though, I was just...unaware.

I claimed we were halfway there, but apparently we're closer than that.  How close?  Only time will tell.  I only found out about a week ago when we went in for our 20 week ultrasound - you know, the one where they check on the kid and show you ten little toes and ten little fingers then send you home with a picture of your little peanut to ooooh and ahhh over for the next 20 weeks.  

Except, when we went in, the technician didn't exactly do that.  Instead she showed us twenty little toes and twenty little fingers and sent us home with pictures of our peanuts to oooh and ahhh over.  Yep, you read that right - that "s" wasn't a typo, and no, we don't have a child with an extra set of fingers and toes - we have two kicking around in there.

It's still sinking in, actually.  And to be perfectly honest, the news is exciting but also quite overwhelming.  We now have less time (twins typically arrive about a month early, assuming no complications come up to make them even earlier) to get more stuff together; all the while scheduling more appointments and ultrasounds along they way, since we are now classified as a "high risk pregnancy."

I have had moments where I feel completely in over my head, but the Lord has also been constantly reminding me that He will not give us more than we can handle.  He will provide the resources, the emotions, the ability - everything, just as He always has.  I see this as a great opportunity to learn to trust Him even more - and that is always a good thing.
And since we're almost 22 weeks now, I should probably share a 21 week photo with you before I wrap this up!

6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!! TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow, I am actually crying right now, shocked, amazed, so happy for you all! I know some people are scared at the thought of having two, but I think it's the most amazing thing! Congrats to you both! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help or be on the lookout for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard the news from Vicky a couple days ago!! Congrats! Your belly did look bigger than most around this time! haha. So exciting! And you're right, God won't give you more than you can handle! Hope the rest of the pregnancy stays as "low risk" as possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies!

    and Vanessa - to be honest, I did feel a bit relieved about being so big, so soon when we found out...I mean, I have a short torso, but it's not THAT short! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Angy - I'll have to tell Tracy the news! I so love hearing how God's voice and guidance is such a force in your life. We *are* in over our heads so often, and knowing that we have God watching out for us little sparrows gives us peace.

    God bless

    W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized, you'll totally have to exchange the stroller you bought a while back eh? Get a twinsy one! Oh my gosh I am so excited to snuggle those little peanuts, Angy!! So stoked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @katelyn - so ironic, I never saw this comment until now ...right after I posted about the double stroller! i'll still keep the single around though - so i can get used to running with one while someone stays with the other before i head out on a run with both of 'em. :D

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips