Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's been a while...

...I've been halfway across the world and back so needless to say, that's absorbed all of my attention for the past month or so.  In theory, posts on here will be a bit more frequent now that we're back from our much anticipated trip to Egypt.  If I had to describe the first couple days back home in one word it would definitely be cold
so   very   cold

Switching from 40 degree Egypt to 10 degree Canada is quite a jump -- at least it's been sunny, I've told myself.  But not anymore - the rain has begun and there is no end in sight.  I am fighting really hard to avoid the panic that sets in right about this time every.single.year.  I dread the end of summer in the most irrational way possible.  I begin to crave going to the beach, regardless of the weather or come up with harebrained schemes like quitting our jobs and travelling to India or decide we're moving to Australia... anything to avoid the wet, dark winter.  bah... Usually I settle for flipping through pictures of my favorite places in an attempt to soothe my unsettled soul.  In keeping with that theme, I'll leave you with a picture of Crescent beach and call it a night - enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips